Are you looking for a wonderful, tropical destination to get away from the routine? Moorea is the place for you.
Because of the short distance that separates Tahiti and Moorea (10 miles / 17 km), it often carries the nickname of Sister island (of Tahiti).
WHERE IS MOOREA?
From Tahiti, the easiest way to get to Moorea is by ferry. The service is offered by two shipping companies (Aremiti and Terevau). The Moorea airport served by Air Tahiti offers another alternative, with daily 15-minute flights from Tahiti. The airline also offers regular flights from Huahine, Raiatea and Bora Bora.
AMAZING BLUE LAGOON AND BEAUTIFUL SIGHTS
Many beautiful white sand beaches can be found around Temae (near the airport) and Haapiti – the northern coast between Papetoai and Haapiti gathers the most tourists with many hotels and two gorgeous motus (islets) facing Hauru’s point.
Many dolphins can be seen near Moorea’s passes and every year, the whales attracted by their natural curiosity come to swim with their babies near the reef (they can be observed from August to October). Its lagoon is perfect to practise all kind of nautical activities (snorkelling, jet-ski…).
DISCOVER THE INNER ISLAND
The sister island is covered by trees, carefully maintained gardens, beautiful fares with pandanus roofs, cool rivers and waterfalls.
To discover the inner-island, tourists will be able to choose between an island circle tour or a ride over mount Rotui (899 meters). Don’t forget to have a look at the waterfalls of Afareaitu. A visit to Opunohu and Cook Bay is obviously recommended – both bays can be admired from the Belvedere viewpoint.
This beautiful island is a luxuriant garden set on a perfect lagoon. Chosen by many painters, artists and writers, its sweetness, its preserved environment and its specific charm immediatlely enchant travellers.
TO SEE OR TO DO!
- Tour of the island by 4x4 with stops at the lookout and in the mythical Cook's Bay and Opunohu (archaeological sites), visit of the royal marae and pineapple plantations, the fruit juice factory of Moorea & Manutea Tahiti.
- Dinner and show at the Tiki Village
- Numerous walking tours from the Te Fare Natura eco-museum.
- Jet ski tour & snorkeling with rays and sharks and on the site of the submerged statues.
- Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course Polynesia.
- Scuba diving
- Relaxation and spa centers